Saturday, July 28, 2007

Brief Interlude for England Cricket

Meanwhile, it's not all about baseball. In between 30 games and tracking Barry's efforts to hit #756, I've also been able to spare a bit of time for... yep... England cricket. Which made for a very disappointing last Monday at Lord's when they were foiled in their efforts to beat India when play was called for light and rain with England ahead by 92 runs and needing only one wicket to win. Of course, I have it on good authority that certain individuals were exerting unfair influence on the weather, but of course I'd never want to point fingers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go9HxuusDvU

This week's second test, in the meantime, isn't going at all well, with the tourists already ahead by 56 runs in the first innings at stumps on the second day with 7 wickets to spare.

P.S. If you're reading this blog for the baseball and none of this makes the slightest bit of sense, don't worry. I'll be at the Tribe game tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No worry about the cricket, bloke. I'm just exhausted catching up with my reading on your recent baseball games. Very interesting stuff.
Glad you made it to Clevland safely. I was up late last night (ET) watching the Giants game to see if Barry would hit 755. No such luck.